Translate

Friday, March 15, 2013

Have you tried Bookr?




One site for digital storytelling that I recently explored is Bookr.
For the sake of trying Bookr for the first time, i kept my story short and very direct. See above example.

I have recently become an "expert" on Web 2.0 technologies, and have found a passion for teaching it to others. I used  Bookr, a virtual online bookmaking tool to create this. I used Flickr photos to help illustrate my concise questions and points.

I think that digital storytelling can be used in all areas of education, including the business world.
I suppose that I could use this simple online book publishing tool in my classroom when I do my "buffalo tourist" project. My level 3 spanish students come up with 5 tourist attractions in Buffalo and using the subjunctive, they must make recommendations to others as to why it's important to see this or that, or what it is doubtful that this or that has that, etc.
Using  Bookr would add a technology element to the project and introduce the students to Flickr and the notion of copyright laws. Simply exploring Flickr for the first time opens up a world of computer rules that many high school students are not familiar with. Combining Flickr, personal photos and other media enhances the learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. I think your idea of utilizing technology for the "Buffalo tourist" project sounds exciting.

    ReplyDelete